"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

July 15, 2008

Chicago!

Shane had a conference in Chicago this past week so we made it into a mini-vacation.  Although we go into Chicago all the time, we'd never stayed over night and we were excited to be fully immersed in the downtown atmosphere.  We started our trip by jumping on the subway and heading to our favorite Mexican restaurant - Adobo Grill.  Their guacamole may be the best we've ever had and the tamales barbacoa are amazing - they take me back to the homemade tamales I had on my mission! ¡Que Rico!

4 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

That Mexican restaurant sounds delicious!! I am glad that your weekend was so wonderful in Chicago, that explains why when I called the house no one was there! :) And you look really pretty in that outfit Meri!

Angi Gerrie said...

Sounds yummy. I love Mexican food.

steph doyle said...

I love reading your blog! And I love your outfit :)

Jill said...

Glad your weekend was fun! You both look great...but Meri looks sooo cute! We get to see you soon, yippee yahoo!!