"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

August 19, 2009

Boating on the Illinois River

One of the blessing of home teaching is being invited by the family you home teach to go boating. They needed an extra driver...so I graciously accepted the invitation. Mind you, I have not been wakeboarding in about 4 years so I was a bit nervous. But I summoned the power of Cyrstal Light Mango flavored Slurpees and did just fine.
I also braved the "Death Tube" and only crashed once. I think I got whiplash from the waves.

And to top it all off, we did back flips off the boat into the river. This picture is of Seth...great form.Great times at the river and I'm still sore a couple days later.

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

That looks likes such a blast!! Love the photo of you on the tube. Love you bro!

Jill said...

You still have it Shaner!! Looks so beautiful there! So fun!!