"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

April 7, 2013

General Conference - It Pays to be Prepared!

As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we have the privilege twice a year to hear from the Prophet and leaders of the church in a meeting called General Conference. This conference is broadcast from Salt Lake City, Utah the first weekend of April and October. I love listening to the words of comfort and joy from these religious leaders as they teach of Christ and His gospel and look forward to conference every 6 months.

With a 3 year old I knew that sitting and watching 4 sessions of General Conference was going to be a bit of a challenge. Early in the week I decided to prepare a few activities that Molly could quietly do during conference and am so excited to report that my preparation paid off! YAY!!! I put together a few busy bags, some conference related coloring activities, and threw in some mini m&m's and dress-up dolls to play with. We introduced new activites every 15-30 minutes and had a picture chart of the Church leaders that we used to help Molly identify the speakers.  All in all it was a wonderful conference and I think the entire family was able to listen, learn and be spiritually fed. I will be keeping this tradition alive!

 Quietly playing during conference

Busy Bags! I'm new to the busy bag scene and totally in love! I think these (and more) will be making a regular appearance this summer to help us get through the Arizona heat!

Oh how we love m&m's!

No comments: