"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

October 3, 2011

Autumn...

It's October and suppose to hit 100 degree's today.  Fall is one of my favorite seasons, but despite my best efforts I'm having a hard time getting into it this year.  I'm homesick for sweaters and colored leaves!  As the weeks pass and the temperature dips below 100 I know that things will start looking up.  I'm counting down the days until we can spend all morning at the park or go on a walk without getting heat exhaustion!  Until then, I'm in need of some serious mental intervention ("I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone-it it's fall!")  My plan is to do something Fall or Halloween inspired every day this month.  I'm not going to blog about everything we do, but if I come up with anything super cute or fun I'll definitely share.

I got this idea from the family fun website.  We taped a couple pieces of posterboard together, cut out a jack-o-lantern, covered the back with yellow tissue paper and put it in our window.  So cute!
(view from inside) 

(view from outside)
The pumpkin made Molly a little nervous, but by morning she 
was pretty excited to see her friend still sitting in the window!

No comments: