"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

May 19, 2009

Shane

I'm married to the most amazing, sweet, handy, fun, smart, hard-working, all-round-good-guy, sport-enthusiast husband who has sweet dance moves and isn't afraid to show them off at family talent shows!  It is my intention this week to share some of the things that make him so wonderful!

Infertility and adoption are pretty difficult paths and the last seven years have been full of more pain and heart ache than I care to admit.  Needless to say, baby showers are often a painful reminder of what we don't have and usually end with me driving home dissolved in tears.  After one such shower, I came home to find that my sweet husband had placed dozens of pink post-it notes around the kitchen filled with words of love.  He knew it would be a difficult day for me and wanted to make sure that I knew he was thinking of me.  

I'm so blessed to be married to such a thoughtful man who always puts me first and turns my tears to smiles.  I love you Shane!

7 comments:

Karen said...

What a guy! You are BOTH amazing! I am so excited for you to find those children that I know are meant to be part of your family. You are going to be amazing parents! Someday you are going to have the biggest, baddest baby shower ever and it will be that much sweeter because of all the trials you have had to endure. I can't wait to be there and celebrate with you! Love you guys!
Karen

Tamara Jacobs said...

that is super sweet of shane. oh, and i love the picture:) love you guys!

Linds Forrest said...

I'm so glad you two found each other. You two are such an amazing couple!! I love you two!

The Stradling Family said...

OK, seriously, I'm sitting here crying over this. (Honest to goodness tears are dripping down my face). That is the sweetest thing. I can't wait until your baby comes home to you guys and I think that the entire city of Naperville is going to come out for your shower. Your guys are wonderful.

birdmama said...

What an incredible, thoughtful man you have in your life. An act that take that much premeditation and caring deserves recognition. Shane is a great, smart man...he picked you, for crying out loud!

Unknown said...

This picture is perfect. I don't think I have ever seen it before. I can't wait to see you next month.

Jeannie said...

Shane is one in a million! You guys were meant to be together. I'm so grateful you picked each other because you support each other so well. I'm glad you have him to share everything with. I love you guys!