"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

February 18, 2012

Valentine's 2012

Happy Valentine's Day! We had fun week celebrating love, 
hearts and all things pink and red!

Our much anticipated sugar cookie decorating contest was a huge success and Shane was awarded the gold medal for the 10th year in a row.  I gave myself a gold star for coming up with a new gluten free sugar cookie recipe that is hands down our favorite.  Shane isn't a huge fan of sugar cookies but he kept sneaking into the kitchen for more- Best compliment ever!!!

 He says the ideas for decorating just come to him when 
he looks at each cookie, but I think he spends all 
year thinking of new and creative ways win. 

 Molly is pretty good at spreading frosting on cookies and 
she's a pro at dumping as many sprinkles as possible onto each cookie.

Deciding which sprinkles to add to her masterpiece...

 She's also content to sit and eat frosting while we decorate the cookies!
(we go through a lot of knives!)

4 comments:

Jill said...

Such a fun Valentine's day!! I love the picture with Mommy and Molly! You are both beautiful! I think Molly got her love for frosting from me!!

Christy said...

Meri you look great and Molly is getting cuter everyday. We might head your way next month. We ought to go to lunch. Love ya.

Lee Ann said...

I clicked over here from your GF blog :) Molly is growing up and such a beautiful "big" girl!

Will you please post your new sugar cookie recipe? I'm still trying to come up with the "best" one.

Thank you!

Meredith said...

Lee Ann,
I will be posting the sugar cookie recipe - I wanted to test it once more before posting it (which I did over the weekend). Thanks for the encouragement! It's easier to make the time to blog if I know somebody is excited to try a new recipe!