"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

June 7, 2009

Kitchen Organization

We like to cook and we collect a lot of spices for our hobby.  Unfortunately, we don't have extra cupboard space for said spices and after they'd taken up over 2 shelves I knew I needed to come up with a better alternative.  I bought little craft jars with screw on lids (the kind used to hold tiny beads), and I glued magnets to the bottom.  All of our spices are now housed on our refrigerator within easy reach of the stove. They are clearly labeled and even placed in alphabetical order.  You can buy spice jars with magnets on them for $3- $5 dollars a jar, but I made all of mine for less than $15!  And those 2 shelves that I was using for spices?  Don't worry they only sat empty long enough for me to clean them!

4 comments:

The Stradling Family said...

I'm so impressed. Can you come and organize my kitchen?

FRAN said...

Meri - you always were the "organized" one in our dental office, and I see you are getting even better. Looks good! Hope all is going well with you and Shane. Come see us when you come to Utah.

Lisa said...

Wow, this is impressive. Way to think outside of the box, er, cupboard!

Tamara Jacobs said...

what a brilliant idea! i love it!