"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

March 13, 2009

Girls Night in...


When I go to Utah it is a tradition with my mom and sisters to get together one night with the girls in town to eat, talk, and play games.  My mom suggested tying one of the quilts that I'm making for our baby (I'm making a boy and girl quilt so that we're prepared whenever our baby joins our family).  I was worried that my sisters wouldn't want to spend our girls night tying a baby quilt but I was wrong.  Not only were that happy to help, but they took it a step further and when we finished the quilt they surprised me with a mini baby shower!  They gave me some adorable little onesies, burp cloths, and other necessities.  It was so sweet of them and such a fun surprise.  We truly are blessed with such an amazing support group of family and friends who love us and help us remain positive and full of hope during this adoption adventure.  We know that our baby will join us soon and we are so excited for that day!

1 comment:

Angi Gerrie said...

No fair... nobody told me about a baby shower... I feel sad that I couldn't give you anything- mostly that I couldn't be there. The quilt looks cute!