"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

March 10, 2009

Sunday Dinner!

Every month my mom has a big family dinner (there are 10 of us plus spouses and grandkids).  Everyone brings something so that my mom doesn't get stuck cooking the entire meal.  It's something we look forward to. We tell stories and laugh, play games (including Rock Band), celebrate the birthdays for the month and just enjoy spending time together.  Since we live in Chicago we usually participate through a noisy phone call or video chat.  This month I was so happy to be in town for the big dinner (my mom would have planned a family dinner specifically because I was in town, but it was fun to be at the one already scheduled).
Playing connect four with my niece.

3 comments:

birdmama said...

You look like you're having a marvelous time! Enjoy! We're going to have to have a Rock Band night soon!

Tamara Jacobs said...

how fun! You are so pretty...I love your hair.can't wait to see you in 1 day!!!!

camille said...

Hey, you are playing the guitar!!!