"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

March 28, 2009

Ode to Spring

Spring break is here but where are you?
hope you haven't come down with the flu!
I have a week to sleep in and I'm ready to play
Will you send the sun our way today?

The Cardinal in our tree tells me you're near, 
but the weather's predicting snow, I fear.
I've cleaned the house and I'm ready to plant
But the Earth is still frozen so digging I can't.

I'll try to be patient, and still wear my coat
 I'll accessorize it with my new scripture tote.
And I'll start on my list of things to do
I think I might paint our bedroom sky blue.
And if I have time and you haven't yet come
I'll make this spring quilt as a gift of welcome.
I must now say ado, before my friends think I've cracked.
but I'll say it once more hurry up and welcome back.

8 comments:

The Stradling Family said...

Who knew you were so creative. You've been hiding your talents! So cute.

birdmama said...

I'm impressed by your creativity! I definitely couldn't have expressed my desire for spring to come any better.

Jill said...

Cute poem Meri! I agree! It is snowing here today and my daffadils are reallty cold and wondering what's going on!! Brrr!

Trisha said...

Love your poem, looooove your new background on your blog. I miss you! Love, me

Tamara Jacobs said...

cute post! I hope you've had a really fun spring break! Preslee sleeps with a picture of you and shane:) she just adores you two. love you!

Linds Forrest said...

Your poem is so beautiful Meri!! Quite the talented writer. Hope all is well. Love you!

Roger and Edie said...

Meri, you are awesome! I love the poem and the cute picts to go with it! I'm also impressed by the great job Shane did on the crown molding!!!

camille said...

LOVE THIS POST! So cute. I was feeling your pain!