"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

March 13, 2009

Handyman Extraordinaire!

While I was in Utah playing, Shane was back home busy at work with a surprise of his own.  My amazing handyman husband put up crown molding in our living room- a project we've been talking about doing for a couple of years.  When I got home I could tell something was different, but I couldn't figure out what it was.  Everything on the shelves looked a little bit off, our couch pillows were in disarray, and it looked like there were a few pieces of confetti scattered around.  (Not that this was a big deal, but it every time I talked to him on the phone he was tidying the house so I expected it to be really clean.)  I asked him if he'd had a party or something and he seemed really secretive and a bit smug as he pointed to the top shelves and pointed out how he'd dusted everything, even up close to the ceiling.  I still didn't get it and he finally had to tell me that he'd put up crown molding.  He did such an amazing job that it fits right in.  I love it!  Thanks sweetie!  What project should we do next?

Our beautiful crown molding!

4 comments:

Jill said...

That was the best surprise a husband could do! Way to go, Shane! Plus it looks so awesome.

camille said...

I want to come see it!!! How exciting!

Kim said...

Great job Shane!! It looks so great...love the green walls too!

Lisa said...

What a great surprise! It looks lovely and the green walls are awesome!