"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." Spencer W. Kimball

August 25, 2008

Beginnings...

Today was the first day of seminary for the new school year.   This summer has been such a whirlwind of events that I was kind of dreading the start of seminary- not the teaching part, but the part where my alarm clock goes off at 4:30 AM.  Yeah, that part!  Crazy as it sounds, now that it's here I'm actually feeling a sense of relief.  I'm looking forward to establishing a normal routine, getting organized, and feeling grounded.  It reminds me of the scripture found in Doctrine and Covenants 88:119 "Organize yourselves; Prepare every needful thing; and establish a house...a house of order, a house of God;"  

I guess that's why I like beginnings, they force me to get organized and when I'm organized I feel a sense of peace and a closeness to Heavenly Father.  I'm thankful for beginnings- without them my life would be a mess!!

3 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

I wish I had you as a teacher when I was in seminary! Good luck with getting up early. It was so fun to spend the weekend with you. Love you!!

Tamara Jacobs said...

Good luck with those early mornings! I bet the kids just love you! We miss you guys...can't wait to see you again!

KKR said...

I definatly don't miss early morning seminary. Those were some tough years...but worth it!